Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery on Another Little Quilt

I'm busy working on my website, http://www.millefiori-be.com/, and I forgot how much fun it was to work on some of these embroideries. I especially have fun embellishing and encrusting little quilts. Here is a picture from a Brazilian embroidery design, "I Spy - Flower Patches" that I did to go with a book I wrote, An Artist's Garden.
     The website isn't finished yet, but here is a picture I'm currently editing, resizing and everything else you are supposed to do to websites:
All of the dimensional embroidery (stitched with mostly lighter-weight floss) is consolidated in the center panel -- except for the "Big Bad Bug" at the lower left -- one of my basic-stitch B.E. designs from several years ago. I called it 'your basic bug'.

I stitched it on ultrasude and made it into a brooch. I stitched it a second time onto a large silk leaf from the craft store and tucked it in amongst my houseplants.
     I remembered how much fun it was to embellish the outer border with all the little beads and buttons and charms and thought you might like to see a picture:
Those letters, "Flower Patches" are from the scrapbook store and I attached them to the fabric with one of my favorite quick-stick glues, "Fabri-Tac", from the local craft store. I used alphabet beads at the top that read "I Spy With My Little Eye" and just stitched them down.
Here's another little thumbnail. That border fabric had lots of little frogs, so I embellished their little eyes with blue or black and manicured their little fingernails and toenails with red seed beads.

And now that I have entertained myself for a few minutes, I'll go back to work.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you have such a whimsical spirit! Just love your blog!
    Kathy
    www.shawkl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathy. I'm having a GREAT time - hope people are enjoying my blog as much as I am! It was nice of you to write

    ReplyDelete